The Corinthian Yacht Club of Marblehead, MA is proud to announce the 2017 Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai (www.panerai.com), the title sponsor of the Panerai Classic Yacht Challenge Circuit that takes place in the Mediterranean, Marblehead, Nantucket and Newport. This year’s Corinthian Classic (www.corinthianclassic.org) will be held August 12th & 13th.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Online Registration >
The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
- The “Panerai fleet” is open to sailing yachts with a minimum deck length of 28’, made of wood aluminum or steel, designed and built using original methods and materials and built on or before 1970.
- The “Classic GRP”- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) – is for yachts built of fiberglass or yachts that have not been modified and have been designed during the CCA era on or before 1972.
- The “Spirit of Tradition fleet” is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below.
Other CCYR Details & Highlights:
- More prizes from Officine Panerai are up for grabs for more boats than ever
- The NEW CRF II Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate CRF site
- The racing is done in “Pursuit” format – unique, safe, and fun.
- Long reaching legs will be emphasized and beats will be minimal
- Reasonable entry fee includes mooring (First Come, First Serve)
This event has become a “must do” on the Classic Yacht Circuit. . This is an event you don’t want to skip. Start planning now. Instructions to enter can be found on CCYR’s website at www.corinthianclassic.org.
This is NOT a NOR