Every season the CCYR is gifted with the presence of some truly significant and pure Classic Sailing Yachts. Nothing could be more of an honor this year than to have the infamous “Dorade“ in our midst for the Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai.
“Dorade“ is yachting history. “Dorade“ is genius, power, balance, and beauty. “Dorade“ is the epitome of a “Classic Yacht”. There is no other that comes close to her record.
- 1930 Bermuda Race, Class B: Second; First all-amateur crew
- 1930 Trans-Atlantic Race: First
- 1930 Cowes Round-The-Island Race: Second; Cowes Cruising Class: Second
- 1932 Bermuda Race: First
- 1933 Oslo to Hanko Match Race with “Jolie Brise”: First
- 1933 Fastnet Race: First
- 1936 San Francisco-Farallon Race: First; Transpacific Race: First
- 1947–1979 Participated in fifteen Swiftsure races: First in Class AA 1947–1948, 1951, 1954, and 1964.
- 2013 Transpacific Yacht Race: First overall
- 2014 Newport to Bermuda: First in Class – IRC – Class 2
- 2015 Transatlantic: New Transatlantic speed record
You can read more about “Dorade” by visiting their site: www.dorade.org
“Dorade’s“ 80-year legend continues to grow and she’ll be with us August 13th and 14th. This is your chance to sail next to a yachting icon. Don’t miss what is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Register for the Corinthian Classic today.