… Than Messin’ ‘Bout In Classic Yachts?
The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta presented by Officine Panerai, August 13 & 14.
Sure, sailing your yacht and having a cocktail or picnic is enchanting, but why not stretch her legs and mix with other classics for a couple of days? The Corinthian Classic Yacht Regatta provides you with that opportunity and plenty of F-U-N!
This is just as much a rendezvous of classic yachts and “characters” as it is a well-organized regatta. Beautiful? Absolutely. Fun? Without a doubt.
- This regatta is a blast! Easy to sail. Long reaching legs.
- A GREAT venue at the Corinthian Yacht Club
- Reasonable entry fee includes FREE mooring and one heck of a Skippers Bag
- The racing is done in “Pursuit” format – much less pressure but still a decent challenge
- More prizes from Officine Panerai are up for grabs for more boats than ever before (yes, you could win a Panerai watch)
- The CCYR offers three categories of participation:
The “Panerai fleet” is open to sailing yachts with a minimum waterline of 20′, made of wood aluminum or steel, designed and built using original methods and materials and built on or before 1970.
The “Classic GRP”- (Glass Reinforced Plastic) – is for yachts built of fiberglass or yachts that have not been modified and have been designed during the CCA era on or before 1972.
The “Spirit of Tradition fleet” is for those yachts designed with the intent to evoke traditional clean classic lines above the water line and modern underbodies below.
Also yachts that do not fall into the other classes, i.e. boats that have been modified.
The Classic Rating Formula will be the standard for all boats and we will assist anyone without a rating to easily secure a certificate CRF site