Bicentenary Regatta Day 1 – Racing Cancelled Today

27 July 2015 by Marina Johnson

Latest Update (1100) Racing is Cancelled For All Classes Today – Gusts are continuing to come through and there is nothing to suggest that they will decrease today. The starts process will commence again tomorrow morning.

Despite the lack of sailing today, don’t miss your chance to hear how America’s Cup and Volvo Ocean Race sailors handle too much (and not enough) wind! North Sails History in the Making panel discussion with Sir Ben Ainslie, Jimmy Spithill and Sam Davies is open to all. See you from 4:30pm at the Events Centre in Cowes Yacht Haven! Panel to begin promptly at 5pm.

LATEST UPDATE (0900) There is a strong sea out in the mid-Solent and the Race Officers have postponed racing for the IRC classes until 11am.

The J Class will not be racing today due to the high wind conditions and current sea state.

Also cancelled for today is the J 70 Round Robin team racing and the Level Rating class.

Racing for the IRC fleet will be reviewed at 11am.

We will provide updates here as soon as we have them.


Written by

Please feel free to comment about ClassicSailboats.Org posts, your knowledge will make our website a better experience for all users.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.