The Classic Yacht Register of Heritage – Database of the worlds Vintage, Classic and Grand Prix (Spirit of Tradition) sailboats. Registry includes surviving, and destroyed vessels with historical, known racing, and ownership history for educational purposes. Registry inclusion is either by vessel’s historical significance, invitation or request.
Eligibility Requirements – Vintage and Classic full keeled (or keel-centerboard), monohull, displacement yachts designed in or before 1967, construction to include either steel / aluminum / grp and wooden yachts. Grand Prix Divisions – Include all Spirit of Tradition Yachts as well as those classics which are either equipped for, or are competing at, a much higher level than traditional vintage classics construction to include either steel / aluminum / grp and wooden yachts. designed in 1968 or later. Designs whose intent is to evoke the look and feel of a vintage classic.
The Wall of Remembrance
A New Important Classification within each vessels profile that recognizes the dedicated preservation, stewardship and celebrity of all the men and women that have sailed on these legendary icons. All helping to preserve and add to the historical significance of these vessels for future generation to come.
There are 5 names in this directory beginning with the letter O.
O Class - In terms of numbers, the O class is the most popular, designed for a group of Marblehead, Massachusetts, yachtsmen, as trainers for teenage sailors. - LOA: 18′ 01″ / 5.51m – LOD: – LWL: 15′ 05″ / 4.70m – Beam: 06′ 08″ / 2.03m – Draft: 01′ 01″ (Board up) / 0.33m – Ballast: 550 lbs – Displacement: – Sail Area: 192 sq ft – Yard Number: 188 – Hull material: Wood construction – Rig: Fractional Sloop Rig – Designer: John G. Alden – Built by: – First Year Designed: 1924 – Number Built: 600 – Restored By: – Current Name: – Original Owner: – Contract Price: $650.00 – Current Owner: – Sail Number:
Oenone - In Greek mythology, Oenone (/ɪˈnoʊniː/; Greek: Oinōnē – Οἰνώνη “wine woman”) was the first wife of Paris of Troy, whom he abandoned for the queen Helen of Sparta. - Oenone is a Bermuda 15 meter long cutter, built in 1935 by Lymington’s Berthon Boat Co. of England by Fredrick Sheperd. The construction is in pitch pine, revisioned and rebuilt with bronze screws and totally claped, rendered in English white oak. The interior, largely original, is in Mahogany of Honduras. - Sail Number: 25 - Type: Marconi Cutter - Oenone Specifications: - LOA: 50’10″ / 15.50m - LOD: 44’11″ / 13.70m - LWL: 34’5″ / 10.50m - Beam: 10’9″ / 3.30m - Draft: 7’2” / 2.20m - Hull Number: - Designer: Frederick Shepherd - Original Owner: Mr. E.G. Wardrop - Current Owner: Enrico Zaccagni – Commodore of the Viareggio Historic Sailboat Association - Year Launched: April 6, 1935, Lymington UK - Built By: Berthon - Boat Shipyard, Lymington UK - Displacement: 17 tons - Engine: Yanmar 50 HP
Oiseau de Feu
Oiseau de Feu - At the request of Ralph Hawkes, commodore of the RORC ( Royal Ocean Racing Club ), Charles E. Nicholson draws a lighter, faster boat than its predecessors to win races like the Fastnet. - LOA: 68.04′ / 20.74m - LWL: 48.35′ / 14.74m - Beam: 12.99′ / 3.96m - Draft: 9.71′ / 2.96m - Designer: Charles E. Nicholson - Original Owner: Ralph Hawkes, commodore of the RORC (Royal Ocean Racing Club) - Current Owner: - Year Built: 1937 - Built By: Camper & Nicholson, Gosport UK - Hull Material: - Gross Displacement: 38 tons - Sail Number:
Oriole - Type: New York 30 - LOA: 43′ 9″ - LOD: - LWL: 30′ 0″ - Beam: 8′ 9″ - Draft: 6′ 4″ - Hull Number: 637 - Rig: Gaff Sloop - Sail Area: 984 sq ft - Original Owner: L. Delano - Designer: NG Herreshoff - Built by: Herreshoff Boatyard - Year Built: 1905
Oriole IV - Oriole was originally laid down as Oriole IV, the successor in a line of vessels named Oriole that were in service as the flagships for the Royal Canadian Yacht Club of Toronto, Ontario. - LOA: 102’0″ / 31.08m - LOD: 91’0″ / 27.73m - LWL: 63’0″ / 19.20m - Beam 19’0″ / 5.79m - Draft 10’0” / 3.04m - Hull Number: - Designer: George Owen - Original Owner: Mr. G.H. Gooderham, Commodore of Toronto’s RCYC - Current Owner: Royal - Canadian Navy - Year Built: June 4, 1921 - Built By: George Lawley & Sons, Neponset, MA - Hull Material: - Displacement: 92 tonnes - Sail Area: 6,133 sq ft - Contract Cost: $100,000